Perplexed about my 2008 Armada (SE) HVAC blower motor resistor

robokop

Reactions
I have a couple related questions that I’m hoping someone with experience can help me with.

My main issue with my Armada is that some component is out that won’t let me operate any of my radio controls or my front climate system controls. The screen of the radio boots up when I start the vehicle, shows the Nissan start screen but then it just goes to the last screen it was on before the issue started. The blower is always running when the vehicle is on and I can’t change the speed or temperature. The strange thing is that a couple times everything started working for a while and then it craps out again. It’s been out now for several months. I’ve read multiple things on various forums about the same issue but no one seems to have a straight answer on which component needs to be replaced (even though this seems to be a pretty common problem). So, my first question is just that…what is causing this and what do I replace to fix it?

One person said to replace something called the “AV Control Unit” which the diagram looks like it is behind the two 12 volt (cigarette lighter) outlets below the stereo and climate controls. I have no idea what part number that would be and trying to do more research on it hasn’t produced much that helps me. A couple other people said to check the 20A fuse under the hood on the passenger side for the radio. I looked at my fuse and it’s not blown or overly dirty.

Secondly, multiple people have talked about replacing the HVAC blower motor resistor which should be an easy thing to do from what I’ve seen. I don’t really think that will solve my above issue since that resistor is just supposed to control the fan speed but it’s a cheap part so I figured “why not?” I pulled the resistor from under my dash to make sure I ordered the right part. My problem is that the one that was in my Armada doesn’t match the one ALL the sites I check tell me to buy. Mine has 5 fins and clearly shows the part number is VP5NEH-19E624-AA (see images below). The one on Amazon, eBay, and other sites pull up only has 4 fins and looks shorter. When I look up part number VP5NEH-19E624-AA it says it is for a 2010-2015 Armada. Mine is a 2008 SE model. So, my second question is…do I replace it with the part every site recommends or with the one that was in my vehicle? When I bought this vehicle the tires that were on it didn’t match the size listed on my sticker in the driver’s door so I wouldn’t put it past the previous owner putting another wrong part in it.

Any help with these issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

424CBCD0-A429-43BD-BDB1-0977E0336145.jpeg 33EE23CD-270B-485B-A961-A5F7AF4755C5.jpeg